Voices from Iraq
The front line soldier, the hospital staff, the returning veteran, the family and loved ones of those serving overseas, the citizens of Iraq… they all have stories to tell about how the Iraq war experience has transformed their lives. In Voices from Iraq, individuals personally affected by the conflict will share gripping, inspiring and informative stories of their roles in Iraq, in support of those in service, or those whose live were affected by the war. If you have a story which will give strength, insight and understanding to others, we would like to hear from you. Suggested story topics include:
- How the culture of Iraq affected your perspective on life or on the world at large.
- The affect that a person you met in Iraq, a service person, national, journalist, or other had on you.
- Your experience with the loss of a person you came to know during the conflict.
- The struggle of one person to overcome his or her wounds suffered in the war.
- The positive change in your attitudes towards the military as a result of your experience.
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Voices From Iraq
ALthough LaChance Publishing isn't accepting poetry at this time, the mission of the Poet Warrior Project is to give soldiers and their families a voice, so I highly recommend looking at their submission guidelines. This is a publishing company with a sincere mission to help people speak and other people understand about life-altering events that are difficult to talk about (without being turned into political footballs).